1. Which tree is regarded as an avatar of lord Vishnu?
2. In which month and year were two atomic bombs dropped by the USA at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan
3. Who used the term ‘demography’ for the first time, and when?
Achille Guillard, 1855
4. What do we get when we divide 70 by the annual population growth rate of a place?
Population Doubling Time
5. In which city and year was the fourth world conference on women held?
6. What do you mean by spermicide?
a chemical that destroys sperms
7. Which area of Nepal has got the highest HDI according to HDR 2011 of Nepal?
8. The three parameters of Sustainable Development are economy, environment and ………… .
9. Explosion of glacial lakes can cause flash flood downstreams. What else can also cause flash flood?
temporary stoppage of running water by landslide-mass
10. What is the English name of ‘Yarshagumba’?
11. What do you mean by ‘oxbow lake’?
lake formed due to change in the course of river in the flood plain
12. What is the HDI score of very high HDI countries?
more than 0.800
13. What is the scientific name of one-horned Rhinoceros?
14. Which lizard species is declared as protected species in Nepal?
Golden Monitor Lizard (Sun Gohoro)
15. What does Entamoeba histolytica cause?
16. Which mosquito species has been a well-known vector of Dengue fever?
17. Which virus causes cervical cancer?
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
18. What do you mean by arteriostenosis?
narrowing of arteries
19. What do you mean by hepatocytes?
cells of the liver
20. Which kind of diabetes has been found to be temporary?
Gestational Diabetes (dabetes during pregnancy)
21. Which stage of HIV/AIDS infection is characterised by Kaposi’s Sarcoma?
Final stage / AIDS
22. What does colustrum in mother’s milk do to newly born baby?
provide passive immunity
23. Which is the most basic health service provider in Nepal?
Sub health post
24. What are the schools wings of Nepal Red Cross Society?
Junior Red Cross Circles
25. What is the full-form of CPR?